Food Tour of the Central Market Hall Budapest
$43.70 per guest
$43.70 per guest
offered from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m.
2 to 16 people
outside at the main entrance to the Central Market Hall
Discover Budapest like a local as you immerse yourself in the daily life of the gorgeous Central Market Hall. Experience the sights, sounds and flavors of this 120-year-old historical building during our 2 hour long market and food tour.
What to expect on your market and food tour?
- Sample the gastronomic delights of Hungary during this 2-hour market and food tour with a local guide at Budapest’s largest and oldest market.
- Learn how the Central Market Hall has become the ultimate indoor food and souvenir paradise, you will find a rich selection of Hungarian embroidery, white peasant shirts and other art and craft products.
- Explore the specialty food stalls, see how local people shop, and sample Hungarian savory and sweet specialties.
- Taste a mouth-watering array of foods such as lángos, beef/pork stew, potato parikash, chocolate, strudel and much more.
- Along the way you will experience a unique slice of Budapest’s one-of-a-kind culinary culture.
- We offer memorable travel experience with fantastic food and lots of Hungarian culture. We like to think of our Budapest market and tasting tour as a pleasant walk with local friends, let you taste delicious local foods and open your horizons with interesting local information.
- We need a minimum of 2 people to do the program.
The price includes:
- Central Market Hall – a 2 hour long guided culinary and cultural adventure
- Multiple food tastings that definitely make for a full meal
- Bottled water
- Summary email with everything we tasted
Why choose this tour?
- Try new foods. Going on a market and food tour in Budapest is the perfect way to try a little bit of the best Hungary has to offer.
- Get personalized tips. You will receive the best tips about where you should eat and which local dishes you should not miss. Your guide will always be passionate about food and will be happy to point out the less touristy places.
- Immerse yourself in the culture. What better way to discover Hungary and Budapest than connecting with the city via all your senses? Tasting your way through the Central Market Hall offers a unique and memorable culinary and cultural experience.
- It’s great chance to ask questions only a local can answer. Your guide is a native of the area. Take advantage of our knowledge, food-related and beyond.
- It’s so much fun! There is really no better way to see a city– the sights, the bites and the culture, this tour has it all!
Meeting: outside at the main entrance to the Budapest Central Market Hall
IX. district, Vámház körút 1-3.