Dec 13th Storytelling Evening & Dinner with Imre Bernath - Trapeze Artist (Cirque du Soleil), Stuntman, Actor
$39.06 per guest
$39.06 per guest
This evening gathers a group of up to 30 people for a dining and storytelling experience. Preceded by a delectable dinner and wine (see full menu below), the featured storyteller (who could be an entertainer, artist, musician, author, magician, opera singer, dancer or actor), tells a story around culture, lifestyle, entertainment, travel or the arts. The idea is to ENTERTAIN, AMUSE, EDUCATE, ENLIGHTEN or any combination thereof. Please find following details on the featured storyteller on December 13th as well as an FAQ about these monthly evenings and the menu. I hope to welcome you chez moi for a delightful and delicious evening.
Yours in story,
This Storytelling Evening on Sunday December 13th features Imre Bernath who will take us on a "Journey in the Air" telling us of his escapades with the Cirque du Soleil and as a Trapeze Artist, and Aerial Acrobat. He also has a slew of more “grounded” stories around his career as a clown amusing audiences across the globe with shows in Japan, North America and Europe and appearances at the Avignon Theatre Festival, Berlin Street Festival, Zurich Theatre Spectacle and the Hungarian International Circus Festival (second most famous circus in the world).
Growing up in Hungary, at four years old he played the role of a shepherd in a Christmas play and realized he could make people laugh. This triggered a love for acting and comedy which he combined with another passion….gymnastics. A member of the Hungarian National Gymnastic Team, he was trained in the high bar (his favorite) as well as the pommel horse, rings, vault floor and parallel bars. Imre won the title of Best Junior Gymnast in Hungary in 2002. At the age of 15 he started to prepare for the Olympics but a sudden closure of his gymnastic club due to the coach leaving opened up other options. This led to a rich career studying with four great icons. Philippe Gaulier, the French master clown, pedagogue, professor of theatre and founder of École Philippe Gaulier, a prestigious French clown school in Étampes outside Paris. Peter Shub, the legendary American actor, clown and vaudeville show director. Avner Eienberg an American vaudeville performer, clown, mime, juggler, and sleight of hand magician. and David Shiner an American actor, clown, playwright and theater director.
Some questions Imre will field:
When did you first realize you had a passion for gymnastics?
What was it like to be a member of the Cirque du Soleil?
What are your thoughts in mid-air?
Have you experienced any injuries…falls?
What was your experience studying under such prestigious Clown icons.
What has been your favorite performance or gig?
What is next in your career?
The dinner and dessert, always a tantalizing feature of every Storytelling Evening is below and features vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. Wine and other beverages are served. Space is limited. Please RSVP by December 12th.
1) WHAT ARE THESE STORYTELLING EVENINGS? Events at a private residence where a storyteller (author, entertainer, artist, musician, author, magician, opera singer, dancer, actor, expert in a particular field) tells a story around culture, lifestyle, entertainment, travel or the arts. The idea is to ENTERTAIN, AMUSE, EDUCATE, ENLIGHTEN or any combination thereof.
2) WHO ATTENDS? 25-30 Storytelling aficionados who hail from across the globe and understand English.
3) WHAT IS THE DINNER MENU? This varies with cuisines from the “four corners of the globe” and have ranged from Mexican, Italian, Lebanese, Thai, Canadian, French, Cajun, French, regional French and oftentimes fusion. Vegetarian options are available. Wine, juice, and other beverages are served as well as a selection of teas and coffee with a delightful dessert.
4) WHAT IS THE COST? 28 Euros which includes presentation, dinner, wine, beverages, juice, dessert, coffee
5) HOW OFTEN ARE THESE STORYTELLING EVENINGS? Once a month usually on a Saturday
6) DO YOU WELCOME SUGGESTIONS FOR STORYTELLERS? Yes! This could be you, someone you know in Paris or someone who may be passing through.
6) WHO HAVE BEEN THE PREVIOUS STORYTELLERS? For a full list and description go to this link under past events www.visibilitybranding2015.eventbrite.com
5 min from Marché Bastille (Thur & Sun) w/ local cheeses, free range chicken, fish & piles of fruit & veggies. I shop at the marche for fresh ingredients. Marche also has stalls w/ jewelry, leather bags & African batiks. Sat is Arts & Crafts Marche w/paintings, hand-made jewelry, scarves etc.