Food Market Tour with Cooking Class
$143.75 per guest
$143.75 per guest
9 a.m. from Monday to Saturday.
2 to 8 people
outside at the main entrance to the Central Market Hall
Sample the gastronomic delights of Hungary during a 2-hour market and food tour with a local guide at Budapest’s largest and oldest indoor market. After the tour head to our lovely apartment on the Buda side for your private hands-on cooking class.
Imagine strolling through Budapest’s largest and oldest indoor food market, picking up the perfect ingredients for a delicious Hungarian meal with the help of a local guide, an expert on Hungarian food, and then cooking all of that seasonal fresh produce in a private home kitchen and prepare a delicious 3-course traditional Hungarian meal.
If you are looking for just that, – a market & food tour and a Hungarian hands-on cooking class in Budapest – then this is the class for you!
What to expect on your Market and Food tour & Hungarian cooking class?
- Sample the gastronomic delights of Hungary during this 2-hour market and food tour with a local guide at Budapest’s largest and oldest indoor market.
- Learn how the Central Market Hall has become the ultimate indoor food and souvenir paradise, you will find a rich selection of Hungarian embroidery, white peasant shirts and other art and craft products.
- Taste a mouth-watering array of foods such as lángos, beef stew, potato paparikash, chocolate, strudel and much more, picking up fresh ingredients for your cooking class and enjoying the visual feast of goods laid out for sale. Along the way you will experience a unique slice of Budapest’s one-of-a-kind culinary culture.
- After the tour we head to our lovely apartment on the Buda side for your private hands-on cooking class.
- The cooking lesson lasts around 4 hours while you will learn how to make the traditional Hungarian dishes, you prepare 3 recipes from start to finish. The menu is subject of discussion.
- No cooking skills are required. Meals will be prepared with the careful guidance of your chef.
- We offer very relaxed atmosphere, step-by-step recipes, nice drinks, good stories. After cooking we eat the meals together and informally explore Hungarian culture, folklore, customs and traditions.
- You will gain a valuable insight into the various techniques of food preparation and the cooking style used in traditional Hungarian homes.
Your program goes like this:
9:00 – 11:00 Market and food tour at the Central Market Hall, we select fresh ingredients needed for the cooking class. Also, we sample Hungarian specialties.
11:15 We arrive at our apartment. While we review the recipes you are served some Hungarian home-made fruit brandy.
11:30-13:30 Cooking time. Under our careful eye you prepare the dishes you chose. Soup, main course, dessert.
13:30–15:00 After cooking we eat the meals together and informally explore Hungarian culture, folklore, customs and traditions.
We need a minimum of 2 people to do the cooking program.
The price includes:
- A 6 hour long guided culinary and cultural adventure
- Market and food tour at the Central Market Hall Budapest – you are going to sample Hungarian specialties at the market, so please have just a light breakfast or no breakfast
- A 4 hour long cooking class, discover the secrets of Hungarian cuisine, learn how to use paprika in cooking
- All the ingredients necessary for the class
- 3 course meal
- Palinka (Hungarian fruit brandy)
- Water, coffee, tea
- Transport from the market to our home
- Recipes via email after the cooking class
Why choose this tour?
- Eat like a local in Budapest. At a restaurant you never experience true home-cooked food, the ‘Sunday family-lunch’ effect.” Our home cooking class is a great activity for those visitors who are looking for a local and authentic culinary experience in Budapest.
- All-inclusive pricing. Your market tour and cooking class includes all food & drink and an expert English-speaking guide. The food offered is enough for breakfast and lunch and also includes drinking Hungarian wine and fruit brandy, non-alcoholic options are also available.
- Fully customized event. You will enjoy a private hands-on Hungarian cooking class, a fully customized program covering exactly what YOU want to learn!
- Beyond the food. In addition to the wonderful tastes on the tour, you will get a fascinating insight into Hungarian life, beliefs and culture through learning about its food, cooking and culinary traditions.
- It’s so much fun! There is really no better way to see a city– the sights, the bites and the culture, this tour has it all!
Our apartment is on the Buda side.
2. district, Forint street 3.